Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Well here we are the week before school starts and I have all the schoold supplies purchased, new backpacks, new shoes. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by. We have been so busy but it's been a good one. I am very excited this week.....I have three sessions scheduled. The one today was a 2 week old little boy....and his 20 month old sister....loved them both...they were both so sweet. It went so well and mom and dad seemed so happy to have found me. I gave them business cards to spread the word. I have a maternity shoot on Saturday that I am really looking forward to...newborns and maternity in the same week...am I dreaming....those are my favorite. You can be so "artsy" with those....I can really express myself artistically with maternity and newborn. This little girl that I had today was just beautiful...she had flaming red hair to die for and the most beautiful blue eyes and the personality of a little princess. I will post some pics soon of her.

As we prepare to start school it dawns on me that it's been ages since I have photographed my own kids...how did that happen. Although I must admit, photographing my kids is so much harder than photographing all of your kids. I think it would be easier to just pay to have their pics taken.....by someone other than myself. They just dread it and I think it's partially because I am not as patient with them and I honestly don't know where my patience goes.....:) My be nice to the customer...just shuts off I guess because they are my kids and they know it. I just want them to do the right thing at the right time and get the perfect picture...you would think they would know that....:) oh well....I should have a little more patience I guess. LOL.

Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful first days of school. And when you need your portraits taken will think of me. I am ready to get very busy and start this business over again. Until next time......

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to post some pictures of your latest work!

    I agree, it's harder sometimes to shoot our own kids. Dangit! LOL!

    I hope they enjoy their school year!

    ReplyDelete